Maine Emergency Management Agency
Maine Emergency Management Agency coordinates the State of Maine’s programs of emergency preparedness, response, recovery, mitigation and homeland.
MEMA has put together these important steps for preparing the following:
Everyone in Maine should have a bag full of essentials ready in case of a natural disaster. Below is a list of items you should have ready in a go bag at all times.
- A list of emergency contacts and their numbers, including an out-of-state contact
- A three day supply of medications including a list of your medications
- A list of personal medical information including medication and/or food allergies
- Bottled water and snacks that will not spoil, along with eating utensils
- Extra batteries for flashlight, hearing aids, etc.
- First Aid Kit
- Whistle, horn or other device to signal for help
- Some form of identification
For more information on resources available through MEMA, visit their website by clicking
ACB of Maine is continuously looking for ways to inform the blind community on how to always be prepared for a world full of ever changing variables.
Always remember that your world starts with you.
Have an ACB Day!